Welcome to my first monthly mood blog! January monthly goal setting is this first blog in my monthly goal blogs. Where I look at my goals and reflect on last month. If you just landed here is my 2021 goal setting blog.
Why I decided to do these blogs is to keep me accountable this year! I have some big goals this year and I have swapped my business model around so much. I know that I am great with the big goals, staying focused when driven. My issue is staying driven and accountable. So, here we are me making myself accountable!
I also hope these blogs help other wedding or creative business owners. With my blogs being a huge focus this year I have found blog income reports so helpful and inspiring. For me, motivation comes from seeing others achieve a similar goal to me. I hope you find this helpful and I would love for you to join in. Do your own 2021 goal setting blogs and make sure you link it in the comments I would love to read yours also!
It is also a great way for me to share what I am up to and loving this month. If you would prefer to receive these as a monthly email then sign up here!
Jan monthly goal setting, lessons and achievements.
Before I share my January monthly goal setting. lets first have a look at my quarterly goals. I have broke these down from my yearly goals i want to achieve.
- Weddings, for the first quarter I am really streamlining my client process. Making the experience feel even more personal and luxurious. Just like the weddings I design! Updating welcome packs, booking in monthly meetings or calls. Getting super organised and hoping no more cancellations or postponements. Linking back to goal 1 of fewer weddings but higher-end.
- Have the toolkit ready and do a mini launch. 2 weekly bogs to push brand awareness. Goal 2
- Keep working on SEO and Pinterest to reach 10k monthly views or more on urban. Get ready to apply for an ad company. Goal 3
- 2 weekly blogs, Pinterest and Instagram content. Building my brand in the direction I am heading. Goal 4.
- Repurpose my streamlining digital items for the Zoey Louise digital shop
- Have 4/5 wedding full digital packages. Have all spreadsheets and checklists up. Seasonal content -Valentine, easter!
- 2 weekly youtube videos. Repurpose blog content or vice versa! 1 DIY/inspo and 1 help or interview.
- Monthly family night and date night. 80% of the time healthy and focusing on mindset.
January monthly goal setting
- All onboarding pre-done with new branding. All brochures new branding and done. Welcome boxes decided and first 5 made ready to send. Evergreen funnel set up to gain new clients, email sequence written. 4 weddings focused blogs published on ZL
- 8 blogs published on EDT. All spreadsheets and checklists done and up on Etsy. Full toolkit contents decide and made, Etsy listing up.
- All Jan and Feb SEO and links done. Pinterest back up to 100k
- 4 business/lifestyle focus blogs published.
- All spreadsheets done and up on Etsy. All valentines items done (DEC) and up. Start getting Easter items up.
- 4 youtube videos posted. Next 4 content decided and start filming.
- 1 family day and one date night. Focus on health and mindset
I will reflect on these tasks in February’s monthly mood blog. Then, take these tasks above and break them down into weekly tasks. I work on one thing a day, so Monday marketing etc. Check out my full blog on how I set out my week. This usually keeps me on track, we all know that days don’t always go to plan though so I definitely don’t always stick to this! I would say having this plan has changed how efficient I am (about 10 times more!) in business though. Also, I wouldn’t be able to run the two businesses which really are more like 3! I then have my daily tasks I do every day, these are a mix of health things like midset work, drinking water and step count. Then also business essentials like interacting on socials, checking emails and checking everything is up and running.
What am I loving or planning this month
Okay, so predictable and overdone I know. This month is all about fresh starts, being healthy and starting the year as I mean to go on. I am thinking I will take full advantage of still being in pretty much lockdown. I am going to really work hard this month and get as much done as I can on the blog and passive side of things so as I get closer to summer and weddings taking priority I know things are still running along nicely.
With this though usually means I substitute health. I will not though and making time for me, family and healthy living is going to be a huge priority also. I am committing to a green smoothie every day! Some sort of exercise every day even if just a walk. Me time, which usually is a bath and a book! Then at least one family day no phones and one date night no phones. Below are the things on my shopping list this month to make sure I hit these goals.
Shop my monthly must haves!
- Mug heater: I am always letting my coffee go cold! I did hint for one for Christmas!
- Smartwatch: I have been looking at a Garmin watch for a while. I was thinking maybe a galaxy watch to work with my phone.
- Weekly Pad PLanner: I normally use a 3 day one but need a full week really so have ordered this to keep me organised.
- Note Books: I need some new notebooks. I want a few for each project to keep my scribbling somewhat organised.
- Linen fabric: For my mood boards and few other projects
- Whiteboard Pens: I need some in my brand colours and also a few other nice bits of stationery.
- Cork fabric: I am hoping to finally get around to making my large mood boards for my office.
- Baubles: I am making the most of 40% off Nkuku and shopping for next year!
Check out our latest Business blogs
- Emerald Green wedding color ideas
Emerald green is the perfect wedding color. With the right palette, it can work for any season but especially […]
- The ultimate guide to creating a color palette for a wedding or event.
Colour palette for a wedding or event This one is a biggy! I am bringing you the ultimate guide […]
- 9 color palettes for a cozy November wedding!
Fall is one of the most popular seasons for weddings, and it’s easy to see why. The cooler temperatures […]