The party is over and you a full of love and gratitude for all that attended. But how do you put that into words?
Thinking about what to write in a bridal shower thank you card to really express your gratitude can be hard.
I have you covered though, In this blog post, I am going to share some templates to get you started or copy and paste. I will share some hints and tips for writing your own thank you card.
I also have you covered for what to write in your bridal shower invites.
Bridal Shower Thank You Note Top Tips
- Timeliness: Aim to send thank you cards within two to three weeks after the bridal shower. This timely response shows appreciation and respect for the guests’ efforts and gifts.
- Personalization: Each thank you card should be personalized. Mention the guest’s name and reference the specific gift or gesture. This adds a personal touch and shows that you genuinely appreciate their unique contribution.
- Acknowledging the Gift: Be specific about the gift received. For instance, if it’s a set of towels, mention how they’ll be perfect for your new home. This lets the guest know that you noticed and valued their gift.
- Gratitude for Attendance: Even if a guest didn’t bring a gift, thank them for their presence. Acknowledge how their being there made the event more special.
- Handwritten Notes: Whenever possible, opt for handwritten notes over printed ones. A handwritten message adds a personal and heartfelt touch.
- Addressing the Envelope: Address the envelope by hand as well, and use titles (Mr., Mrs., Ms.) as appropriate, reflecting the formality of the event and your relationship with the guest.
- Mention the Future Event: If applicable, express excitement about seeing them at the upcoming wedding or any other future event.
- Closing: End the note with a warm closing, such as “With love,” “Best regards,” or “Sincerely,” followed by your signature.
- Quality Stationery: Use good quality stationery that reflects the theme or formality of your bridal shower.
- Avoid Generic Messages: Steer clear of generic messages. Tailor each note to the individual to make it feel more genuine and special.
Sample thank you message templates
For a Physical Gift
- Dear [Guest’s Name],
Thank you so much for the [specific gift]. It was so thoughtful of you, and it will be perfect for our [mention how you plan to use it, like ‘new home’ or ‘kitchen’]. Every time we use it, we’ll think of you and this special time.
For a Monetary Gift
- Dear [Guest’s Name],
Thank you for your generous gift. We are saving for [mention what you plan to use it for, like a honeymoon, home, etc.], and your thoughtfulness brings us one step closer to our dream. We’re so grateful for your support.
For Hosting the Bridal Shower
- Dear [Host’s Name],
I can’t thank you enough for the beautiful bridal shower you hosted. It was a day I will always cherish. Your attention to detail and the warmth of your hospitality made it a truly special occasion. I feel so blessed to have you in my life.
With deepest gratitude,
For General Attendance and Support
- Dear [Guest’s Name],
Thank you so much for being part of my bridal shower. Your presence made the day even more joyful and memorable. I’m so grateful to have friends/family like you during this exciting time in my life.
Remember, personalization is key. Tailoring each message to reflect your relationship with the guest and their specific contribution to your bridal shower will make your thank you cards more meaningful and heartfelt.
Design Bridal Shower Thank You Gift Cards
- Color Scheme: Choose colors that complement the theme of your bridal shower or wedding. Soft pastels, elegant golds, or romantic reds and pinks are popular choices. You can also use your wedding colors to create a cohesive look.
- Fonts: Select fonts that reflect the tone of your event. For a formal bridal shower, script fonts add an elegant touch. For a more casual event, consider modern, clean fonts. Pairing a script font with a simpler font can create a balanced and aesthetically pleasing look.
- Imagery and Graphics: Incorporate imagery that matches the theme of your bridal shower. Floral designs, rings, hearts, or subtle geometric patterns can add visual interest without overwhelming the text.
- Personal Photos: Including a photo from the bridal shower can make the card more personal and memorable. Choose a photo that features you with the gift, or a candid moment from the event.
- Layout: Keep the layout simple and elegant. Ensure there’s enough white space around the text to make it easy to read. If using a photo, position it in a way that complements the text rather than overpowering it.
- Quality of Paper: Opt for high-quality paper to give the thank you cards a luxurious feel. Matte or slightly textured paper can add a sophisticated touch.
- Envelopes: Choose envelopes that match or complement the card design. You can also use envelope liners for an extra special touch.
- Special Finishes: Consider special touches like embossing, foil stamping, or raised ink for a more luxurious feel, especially for a formal bridal shower.
- DIY Elements: If you’re crafty, add a DIY element like a small ribbon, a wax seal, or hand-painted details.
- Consistent Branding: If you have a monogram, a special symbol, or a theme that you’re using throughout your wedding events, incorporate it into the design of your thank you cards for consistency.
By personalizing your thank you cards with these design elements, you’ll create a keepsake that your guests will treasure and that reflects the special nature of your bridal shower.
Printing and Paper Choices for Thank You Cards
When it comes to printing and choosing materials for bridal shower thank you cards, the quality and style of your selections can greatly enhance the overall impression. Here are some suggestions:
Best Type of Paper
- Cardstock: A heavy cardstock, typically ranging from 80 to 110 pounds, is ideal for thank you cards. It feels substantial and high-quality.
- Textured Paper: Options like linen or cotton paper add a tactile element and a sense of luxury.
- Recycled Paper: For an eco-friendly option, choose high-quality recycled paper.
- Glossy vs. Matte: Matte paper offers an elegant and soft finish, while glossy paper is better for cards with photos.
- Digital Printing: This is the most cost-effective option and allows for a wide range of colors. Ideal for cards with photos or detailed graphics.
- Letterpress: For a more luxurious feel, letterpress printing creates a beautiful, tactile impression on thick paper.
- Foil Stamping: Adds a metallic finish to certain elements (like your names or a design) and is perfect for adding a touch of elegance.
- Thermography: This method creates raised ink, giving texture and a professional look to the print.
- Standard Sizes: The most common sizes for thank you cards are A2 (4.25 x 5.5 inches), A6 (4.75 x 6.5 inches), or A7 (5.25 x 7.25 inches).
- Quality and Color: Choose envelopes of good quality. The color can match or complement your card design.
- Liners: Consider adding liners inside the envelopes for an extra decorative touch.
- Return Address Printing: Have your return address printed on the back flap of the envelope for a cohesive look.
- Sample Prints: Before ordering in bulk, get a sample print to check the paper’s quality, colors, and overall look.
- Eco-friendly Options: If sustainability is a priority, look for printers that use environmentally friendly practices and materials.
- Bulk Ordering: Often, ordering in larger quantities can save costs, so estimate your needs accurately.
Remember, the paper and printing method you choose should reflect the overall theme and formality of your bridal shower and wedding. A well-chosen design and high-quality materials will leave a lasting impression on your guests.
More blogs you will love!
- Sweet Beginnings: Bridal Shower Cake Ideas for Every Bride’s Style
- Winter bridal shower ideas
- What to Write in a Bridal Shower Thank You Card (Free Templates)
- Bridal Shower Flower Bar, How to DIY guide and free sign printable
- Planning a Bridal Shower Brunch – Ideas, Décor, and Top Tips
- Bridal Shower Games Your Guest Will Actually Want to Play!
What to Write in a Bridal Shower Thank You Card (Free Templates)
Luxury Design and Styling for Weddings, events and brands
Download my free cake area styling guide.