Knowing what to write in an invitation can leave you stumped!
It doesn’t need to be complicated, yes you can go all formal and follow the rules. But really, all you need to make sure is that you include all the key details.
What to include in a bridal shower invite
Here are some key details to consider:
- Start with a catchy or elegant header that sets the tone for the event, such as “You’re Invited!” or “Join us for a Bridal Shower Celebration.”
- Honoree’s Name:
- Begin the invitation by mentioning the name of the bride-to-be or the couple (if it’s a co-ed shower) to make it clear who the event is for.
- Event Details:
- Date: Include the date of the bridal shower.
- Time: Specify the start time and, if applicable, the end time.
- Venue: Mention the name and address of the venue where the bridal shower will take place.
- Theme (if applicable): If the shower has a specific theme, mention it here.
- Dress Code (if applicable): Indicate if there’s a specific dress code, such as casual, formal, or themed attire.
- RSVP Information:
- Provide a deadline for guests to RSVP by and include the name and contact information of the person to whom they should respond. This can be an email address, phone number, or an RSVP card.
- Gift Registry (optional):
- If the bride has a gift registry, include the relevant information, such as the store name or website, to assist guests in choosing a gift.
- Additional Instructions (if necessary):
- If there are any special instructions or requests, such as bringing a dish for a potluck-style shower or bringing a recipe for a recipe-themed shower, mention them here.
- Conclude the invitation with a warm closing, such as “We look forward to celebrating with you!” or “Your presence is requested to honor the bride-to-be.”
- Sender Information:
- Sign off with the host’s name(s) or the person(s) responsible for organizing the shower.
Remember to use appropriate language and tone that reflects the style and formality of the event. You can get creative with the design and layout of the invitation to match the theme or the bride’s personality.
Overall, the invitation should clearly convey the essential details of the bridal shower and create excitement for the upcoming celebration.
Example of a formal invite
You’re Cordially Invited to a Bridal Shower
Honoring Sarah Thompson before her special day
Date: Saturday, September 10th, 2023 Time: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM Venue: The Grand Ballroom at The Regency Hotel Address: 123 Main Street, Cityville Dress Code: Black Tie/Formal Attire
Kindly RSVP by August 30th, 2023 RSVP to Jennifer Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (555) 123-4567
Gift Registry: Sarah is registered at Luxe Home Decor and Bloomingdale’s.
We look forward to your presence at this joyous occasion as we celebrate the bride-to-be.
Hosted by the Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids: Jennifer Parker, Emily Johnson, Lily Adams
For any inquiries, please contact Jennifer at (555) 123-4567 or email@example.com.”
Example for a modern bridal shower invite wording
To Sarah’s Bridal shower
Date: Saturday, September 10th, 2023 Time: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM Venue: The Loft Event Space Address: 456 Oak Street, Cityville
Attire: Casual and Comfortable
Please RSVP by August 30th, 2023 RSVP to Emily Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (555) 987-6543
No Gift Registry: Your presence is the only gift we need!
We can’t wait to spend this special time together, enjoying good company, delicious treats, and creating lasting memories.
Hosted by: Emily Johnson, Jennifer Parker, Lily Adams (Bridal Squad)
For any questions or additional information, please reach out to Emily at (555) 987-6543 or email@example.com.”
- Planning a Bridal Shower Brunch – Ideas, Decor, and Top Tips
- Bridal Shower Games Your Guest Will Actually Want to Play!
- Bridal Shower Planning Timeline and Checklist, what to Do When!
- What to write in a bridal shower invite: Free template
- Bridal Shower Guest List – How to Create One with Ease.
- Bridal Shower Schedule – Order of Events and Free Itinerary Template
What to write in a bridal shower invite: Free template
Luxury Design and Styling for Weddings, events and brands
Download my free cake area styling guide.